Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pull Apart Bread - Garlic and Parmesan Edition!

I am home after nightshift and am feeling hungry and lazy. I wanted fresh warm bread and the first recipe that came to mind was the Garlic Parmesan Pull Apart Bread I had stumbled upon a couple days ago. The only problem is that the bread needs to rise for 1.5-2 hours, and I am not patient enough for that. So I googled no rise bread and found this recipe for quick bread and combined the two. I made some modifications as well, like using garlic salt instead of regular salt. I added cumin for a little bit of warmth and aromatic, and tumeric to make it yellow. My theory is that yellow bread looks like it has lots of butter, which means it must taste good, so the bread will look extra tasty! I also added minced garlic and parsley straight into the dough instead of just coating the dough with it, because I hate getting that chunk of bread that doesn't have any topping on it. Oh, and I added whole wheat flour to make it a bit healthier too. Anyway, here is my franken-recipe!

It drives me crazy when the spoons aren't put back on the loop
  


            













   Garlic  Parmesan Pull-Apart Quick-bread 

Preheat oven to 350C
2 ½ C warm water
6 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp yeast
2 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
4 C white flour
2 C whole wheat flour
2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp italian spice blend
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp baking powder

2 Tbsp butter/marg
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tsp dried parsley
Parmesan cheese

Stir water, yeast, sugar and oil together. Leave for 5 minutes until it becomes frothy on top. Add flour, spices, garlic and baking powder. Mix well. Knead.

Prepare a bundt pan by coating it with butter or oil then sprinkle flour in it and spread it around by rotating and tapping the pan. This will allow you to get it out of the pan later.
Once the pan is prepared, melt the butter/marg and add the second amount of garlic and parsley. Tear little spoonful-sized balls off from the dough and coat them in the butter mixture and start lining your pan with them. Once you have one layer, sprinkle the balls generously with parmesan cheese, then add a second layer.





















Pop into the oven on the middle rack at 350 degrees C for 20-30 minutes. It took mine about half an hour to be ready. Look for golden brown colour on top, and check for doneness by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean and easy, its done. Take it out of the oven and let it rest for a couple minutes then go around it with a knife to make sure it will come clean. Turn upside down onto a plate and pull the pan off, it should come off easily if you prepared the pan as above.




















My brother and I could barely wait until it cooled down enough to eat them, this is tasty bread. You can dip this bread in marinara or ranch or something, but it is just fine on its own as well :) Enjoy!

3 Comments:

At June 30, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion. when forming the dough balls, cut up some cheese and use it as a core for the balls, that is, if you like them cheesy.

-Little Brother

 
At July 4, 2011 at 7:05 PM , Anonymous craftykin said...

looks yum!
- craftykin

 
At July 6, 2011 at 5:53 PM , Anonymous Garrett said...

Damn, that looks good. Where's some for me!? ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home